"When truth is hurled against falsehood, falsehood perishes, for falsehood by its nature is bound to perish". Ch. 21, V.18, Holy Quran.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Small Cycles of Life - My visit to Eastern Province (Dammam, Alkhobar, Thouqbah, Dahran)

By Mohammed Sadullah Khan, Faculty Member, Institute of Banking can be reached at mosakhan40@gmail.com

I was asked to provide continuous training for two weeks, one in Dammam and one in Al-Khobar. I took this opportunity very positively and visited the Eastern Province. The visit was a nostalgic one, having stayed in Eastern Province for almost a decade it  reminded me of my first visit to Dammam in 1994 and all my memories refreshened.

The five to six hour drive from Riyadh was very pleasant and the dry Sunny weather made me enjoy my driving. The tar topped roads were looking more black and the sky was splashed with white clouds with a very pleasing blue colour. The sand of the desert was looking more golden in colour. I also got an opportunity to offer Friday prayers at a road side Masjid.
Riyadh-Dammam highway - Photograph by M. S. Khan

The weather was welcoming my visit to the Eastern Province.  The desert was showing the patches of greenery, which was very pleasant to look at.  The temperature was very conducive and it did not allow me to switch on my A/C. 

Riyadh-Dammam highway -Photo by M.S. Khan

The moment I entered the city I realised that beautiful flowers of various colours and fragrances were welcoming me and have decked almost all the roads.  It seemed that the birds were chirping, the crickets and other insects were making sounds to herald my arrival.

Beautiful flowers in Dammam- Photo by M.S. Khan

I visited the Corniche of Dammam and Khobar. The sea was silent and did not reveal the turmoil inside.  The calm sea made me ponder for a few minutes. The height of Sea looked more imposing and overwhelming. Unfortunately I did not realize that the same sea could become deadly on the other side of the World and the news of Tsunami the very next day saddened and the gruesome pictures made me realize the power of Divine.


Imposing Sea - Al-Khobar Corniche - Photo by M.S. Khan



Silent Sea - Al-Khobar Corniche - Photo by M.S. Khan

The golden trees attracted my attention and I felt as if some leaves are clutching on to their branches just to have a glimpse of me. Some leaves had already become one with the earth. This provided a deep reflection of Life and the small cycles of life.

Golden Tree - Al-Khobar Corniche -Photo M.S. Khan.

No comments:

Post a Comment